Sunday, September 14, 2008

Somewhere in the Rain

These days we are busy finishing the songwriting process for our new LP and in less than a month we are hitting the studio again. Almost two years ago we recorded the Wolves 7"; needless to say, we are totally excited about it all. And I guess I can say I am barely thinking about anything else but the recordings, unless I'm listening to Sonic Youth.

The record will be called Beneath Aging Flesh and Bone and up to this point I think the title sums up the content of the record quite well. The album is supposed to contain 10 songs, four of which are already recorded as demos in a small studio (The Ghost Is You, Guilt Will Get You Anyway, Somewhere in the Rain and Clouds), but we promised ourselves to never ever release these versions of the songs. And to those who are curious about how the record is going to sound - I can only tell from my own impressions, which may not be correct - I think this is the darkest we have ever been. Plus, we are coming closer to becoming a rock band.

As many people keep asking: It is not decided yet which label is going to release the CD/LP. We'll let you know as soon as these things are settled.

Next weekend we have two Germany shows coming up:
September 19th, Jugendzentrum Ennigerloh
September 20th, AJZ Garage, Weißwasser
If you're living somewhere near, be there please.

Yours,
Philipp & Ritual

1 comment:

  1. klingt alles super, vorallem das mit "darkest" und "rock band" <3

    kommt mal nach berlin!

    ReplyDelete